If you’re having issues, try force closing the app by following the steps below. If you are on a web browser, please exit out of the web browser. Restarting your device can solve common issues such as game freezing, sign-in issues, and unsuccessful game loads.
- From your phone's home screen, either double tap on the Home button to open the app switcher or on iPhone 10 or above swipe up to the middle of the screen and right to open the app switcher
- Swipe Apps upward to close
- Tap the Home button to return to the home screen.
- On your device's home screen, tap Settings.
- Go to your device's Apps or Application Manager.
- Under the Downloaded tab, tap the NBA App.
- Under App info, tap Force Stop.
- A pop-up box will appear. Tap OK to proceed with force stopping the app.
- Go to your home screen and re-launch the app.
Most issues can be resolved by restarting your device. To restart your device:
- From the Main menu, go to "Settings".
- Select "System" and then "System Restart".
- Select "Restart".
- Wait for your system to shut itself down and restart.
If you cannot restart your player through the system settings, try unplugging your device.
- Unplug the player's power adapter plug from the outlet that it is connected to.
- Wait for 20 seconds.
- Plug your device back in and then wait for your device to restart.
- Go to the Home Screen and tap the guide button on the controller to open the Xbox Guide Menu.
- Go to Settings
- Choose "Power & Startup"
- Choose "Restart now" then "Yes" to confirm.
- You may restart your console by pressing the Xbox Power button for 10 seconds.
- Select Settings from the Apple TV Main Menu.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Scroll down and select Restart.
- If you can't restart your Apple TV because it's unresponsive, press and hold the Menu and Down buttons on the remote for six seconds.
- Release the buttons when you see the indicator light blink rapidly.
- Unplug the Apple TV power cord for three seconds then plug it back in.
- On the Shield home screen, select "Power" icon and "Restart".
- Hold the NVIDIA button (on the device) until the light turns on, wait for twenty seconds before lightly tapping on the NVIDIA button again.
- Unplug the power cord and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
Amazon Fire TV:
- Remove the power adapter plug from the back of your Fire TV.
- Wait at least twenty seconds.
- Plug the device back in then turn it back on.
Amazon Fire Tablet:
- Navigate to "Settings" by swiping down from the top of the screen to show the Quick Action menu
- Tap "Application"
- Select "Manage All Applications"
- Select the NBA app
- Tap the "Force Stop" button
- Choose "OK" to proceed
- Highlight the NBA App
- Press the Triangle button on the controller to pull up additional options
- Select Delete and select Yes on the pop-up